Video is easily the most essential tool in training today.
It is because people prefer to watch. Just consider YouTube, the next most widely used website in the world. Roughly 23% of online users visit it every single day. And it is only five years old!
Considering the very fact many people are more and more visual learners, and video is very effective.
Video is really a major factor of the training course. Equally essential is selecting the best video, one which will come across your training objectives. Here are a few important tips to get the best video.
1. Retain attention? May be the video engaging? In case your trainees don’t watch, they will not learn. Choose a video that’s engaging and enjoyable to look at.
2. Could it be simple to use? Will the video include recommended agendas? This could save you some time and obtain a training course ready to go rapidly.
3. Could it be current? Feathered hair and leg warmers will forfeit your audience rapidly. Pick a video made in the last decade.
4. Industry appropriate? If you are in healthcare, avoid showing a hospitality video. You need to pick a video that’s industry-neutral or perhaps in a range settings.
5. Obvious learning points? After watching a relevant video, remember the important thing learning points? It is important that learning points are obvious and memorable.
6. Will it show instead of tell? A poor video discusses behavior, a great video shows behavior. If you would like speaking, try a sound recording rather.
7. Production quality? Will the video scream “video tutorial?” Your trainees are more and more sophisticated media consumers. Search for quality: something which appears like a tv program.
8. Right length? Single-minute meeting opener will not facilitate much learning. Pick something with solid content but brief enough to satisfy your schedule.
9. Right level of skill? Could it be targeted at basic level or executives? Pick a video you heard right for the audience.
10. Delivery method? What meets your requirements – DVD, web, or video clips? Make certain the recording will come in the format that meets your requirements. Make certain you precisely the right medium for your requirements.
11. Support materials? What is the quality and quantity of support materials? Are you currently permitted to create copies of support materials, or are you motivated to purchase additional costly workbooks, etc.
Your employees, new recruits and staff must be trained, for which you need content. If you need help with training video production in Singapore, consider hiring an agency, instead of dealing with the complicated job involved in producing such content.